Ten Telltale Signs of Republican Disease
I’m still working between 50 & 60 hours a week (this better end soon!), so I’ve been having trouble finding time to write articles. To cope, I’ve been writing shorter articles or posting stuff I’ve found elsewhere. Today’s article is an example of the latter.
A couple of weeks ago, Another Steve sent me an article that he found at OpEdNews.com. That looks like a good progressive web site. It’s full of too many good articles to read. This particular article is called “Ten Telltale Signs of Republican Disease” by Bob Burnett. It begins:
A recent Daily Kos poll indicated 58 percent of Republicans either believe President Obama isn’t a US citizen or aren’t sure.
Does that mean that 42% of Republicans are sane? That’s higher than I thought. They aren’t as far gone as I had feared! That 42% needs to break off from the other 58%. Without a sliver of rationalism, the remaining crazies will spin off into oblivion.
Out here on the left coast, we don’t know many Republicans, so it’s hard for us to understand how they can be that stupid.
That’s true. I know very few Republicans. Of them, one stopped actually voting Republican during the Clinton years. Another one I managed to turn completely.
If I lived anywhere else in the country and were actually surrounded by them, I’d probably be insane by now. Maybe that’s why there are so many Republicans! They’re the Borg party. They absorb you as they spread. Resistance is futile!
There may be a medical explanation. Perhaps the Republican daily diet of whoppers has caused organic brain rot, a variant of mad cow disease. On the other hand, their failure to accept reality might be psychological, early onset dementia resulting from excessive exposure to Fox News and hate radio.
Whatever the source, Republican disease has readily identifiable symptoms. There are ten telltale signs, core Republican beliefs that cause rational Americans to conclude the person they see ranting on TV or disrupting town-hall meetings is pathological.
Burnett then describes the ten symptoms. I’ll just list them here. You should go read the article to see the full descriptions.
Ten Telltale Signs of Republican Disease:
- George W. Bush kept America safe
- History will vindicate Bush
- The recession wasn’t Bush’s fault
- America needs less government
- All taxes must be cut
- Barack Obama stole the 2008 election
- Obama’s economic stimulus package was a mistake
- There isn’t a healthcare crisis
- Obama has weakened our nation
- Obama is a racist